Saturday, August 21, 2010

S: Argh! Resisting!

I am blogging this as it happens.

Well, as it happens and while I'm still at home. Which won't be long because my cute little self is headed out to do some hard core flirting. And beer drinking. (Not hard core on the beer...promise.)

Here's what's going down...

I have not heard from Guy since our text conversation on Thursday night. This has not surprised me. I was pretty cold and unreceptive to his boohoos. And I know he has his son this weekend, so he's probably not feeling as lonely.

Anyway, I've been wondering if I would hear from him. I thought maybe tonight he would start to feel antsy again. Or not. Hard to say. He has a lot of pride, so if I've refused him, I can see him turning a cold shoulder.

So, I made plans to grab a beer with a (male) friend of mine who I haven't hung out with in a very long time. Don't get any ideas, not only is he a good friend of mine (whose friendship I would not destroy for a date) he is also a very good friend of my former fiance's. So REALLY off limits. But maybe he can wingman an August date for me.

I've been getting ready to head out while he finishes working and had just thought that if I heard from Guy, it would be about this time. And I hadn't, so I thought I was probably off the hook.

Wrong.

Just checked in for an update from my pal and there was a message from Guy wanting to know if I'm out or at home.

Ugh!

I'm not sure what I should do. Other than sit down and blog about it, right? It's ALL about the blog.

My options:
Ignore it - he needs to know he can't make me answer when called
Tell him it's not his business - he has no right to know what I'm doing
Tell him I'm headed out - let him sit and stew about me moving on
Ask him why he wants to know - mostly because I'm curious

I don't know!

I need to ignore it. I should not respond. Right? I'm struggling.

If I ignore it, I achieve 3 things: I let him know he can't just make me answer whenever he needs to hear from me, indicate that it's not his business where I am and make him stew about me moving on. The only thing that doesn't happen is my curiosity being satisfied as to why he wants to know what I'm up to.

O.k., ignoring.

Really.

I'm ignoring it.

There is no Guy.

Ignoring.

Not responding.

Zip.

Nada.

Zilch.

Not gonna do it. No way.

Ignoring it.

For real.

Oy.

I really will need a beer soon.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. OMG dont' respond! It will KILL him if you don't respond! LOVE IT! Get out and have fun tonite and you be in control by NOT responding!

    ReplyDelete