Wednesday, August 18, 2010

J: A Missed Kiss

Tonight I ended up going dancing with Mr. May again for several hours after class.

At the end of it, he walked me to my car and right there in the parking lot, beside my car we practiced an especially challenging dance move a few times.

He reach over to hug me as a goodbye and I could see the kiss in his eyes. I know, that sounds silly & dramatic but you know what I'm saying right?

I could see that intent.

But he didn't lean. So I didn't lean.

And we ended up in a slightly awkward sideways hug. And he kissed the side of my forehead.

It's something, right?

I wonder if I should have done something more to encourage it.

I also wonder if I actually did something sub-consciously, at the last minute to discourage it.

Maybe he wasn't ready. Maybe despite all the signals he's giving out, he doesn't actually like me in that way Or maybe he just needs to put on his big boy pants and take a chance.

I dunno.

I DO know that I won't be the one to initiate anything since I'm still not completely sure regarding my feelings for him.

As we parted, he asked me to text when I got home. Which I did. And via text he asked me to go out again tomorrow. Which I can't.

But with all the interest & the invites, it sounds like something might be happening here.

Hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. "Hmmm...." indeed. Looking forward to hearing more about this guy. Talk about taking it slow though. I think it's about time for a kiss.

    ReplyDelete