Sunday, August 15, 2010

S: August Date...Check!

Ok, I really have no idea how I do it. But it feels good. I'm not going to deny that.

I just made a date for next week. Which covers my August obligation (as soon as I pay my "buy back in" money to the piggy bank).

Here's the fun part...not only did I arrange a date a mere 2 days after being set free by Guy (who was afraid of wasting any more of my time), the date is with a 21-year-old.

That's right, your eyes do not deceive you. I have a date with someone, count 'em, 14 years my junior. This beats the age record set by the guy I spent a year with who was 11 years younger than I. He just turned 24 and is old meat compared to Mr. August.

This just makes me laugh.

I couldn't convince him that I wasn't lying about my age. I finally had to show him my ID, and even then he couldn't believe it. He said I was very hot. He wasn't so bad himself. All young and in fantastic shape.

This is how it went down, much to my surprise...

I went out tonight to spend some time with a good friend of mine. We have a tradition of going to the same concert every year and this was the weekend for that. I wanted to flirt with boys, but it was slim pickin's where we were. And I spent most of the time missing Guy. (I did get inspired to find out what the relationship status of a certain fine looking piano player I know casually is. If he's not seeing anyone, I must find a way to make him a month.)

My friend had to get home kind of early, but I wasn't ready to call it a night, so I texted a friend who I knew was planning to be out tonight. She was indeed out and demanded that I join. Well who am I to go against her orders?

We had a few drinks at a place that was full of snotty chicks with purses and fancy shoes. Nobody seemed to be having fun. I even tried to flirt with a table of guys, but they were actually mean to me. Despite all the negative vibes, there was one fellow who was pretty much asking everyone to dance. I danced with him for the Hell of it and he kept telling me how beautiful I was. This is good to hear when you've just been dumped. No matter how odd the chap saying it is.

Next, we moved on to a place downtown for some dancing. It was hot and we were all sweaty, but still we danced our patoots off. At some point, a young fellow told me I had the best hair in the bar.

More flattery! I feel better already.

Then, after we had been there for a while and I was thinking I was going to take off, these guys suddenly descended upon us. More dancing. The kind they would not have allowed at your Homecoming dance. This is where 21 comes into the picture. He was one of the guys in the group, and apparently he had picked me. He started dancing with me immediately. In a rather naughty, and very fun, way. At some point, he said something about being in school and that made me curious about his age. I asked. And choked. And then he wanted to know mine, but I wouldn't tell him.

He said I looked 22. I think I love him.

Finally I told him and he didn't believe me. God bless 'im.

We went to another place for more dancing where he tried to kiss me. I stopped him. He said I was confusing him. I told him it was just dancing tonight. It's safer that way. He didn't quite understand, but I stuck to my guns and he respected my boundaries. Just dancing. Nothing personal.

At bar close, he wanted to know where we were going next and he wanted my number. I told him I was headed home and gave him my digits. Hey...why not? I need a date for August.

He texted a short time later so I would have his digits and then asked if I wanted to hang out again. I asked if he wanted to take me out and he said he did. So we made a date for next Friday. I find myself suddenly available on the weekends, so why not go out? Beats sitting at home waiting for some hot guy I'm in love with to change his mind about me.

I'm not dense. I know this isn't going to go anywhere or turn into anything, but the guy asked me out, seems silly to decline when I need a date to get back in the game. And he thinks I'm sexy (the sexiest girl in the bar...direct quote) for my age and look like I'm 22. I have to give him at least one date. He's so good with the compliments.

He said the date was up to me, so I suggested dinner and games at one of those arcade/bar places or dinner and a movie and told him he had to choose. He decided it was late and we should figure it out tomorrow. Worked for me. I guess we'll find out his choice tomorrow. And then I have to figure out what I'm going to do on a date with a 21-year-old. Who isn't Guy.

But, hey...I have a date for August. With a 21-year-old. I can't stop laughing about it.

Eat your heart out, Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment