Sunday, August 15, 2010

J: Mr Coulda-been August

I was supposed to have my August date this morning.

Last Sunday I wrote to him letting him know that the next Sunday morning (today) would work with my schedule. He said that it would work for him as well and then asked if I could handle waiting a week to meet him. (Yes…he actually said that!) I wrote back, something silly about how it’s been 34 years and I’ve managed this long and I thought I’d probably make it, but it might be tough. I even added a winky face to show that I was joking in response to his completely lame joke. And then asked where/what time he had in mind.

Annnnd….(crickets chirping).

As of late yesterday, I hadn’t heard a word from him. With less than 12 hours before the morning that we were supposed to get together, and no return email…no details regarding meeting time or location, I figured that it wouldn’t be happening.

So, I sent a message saying “Haven’t heard back from you about place or time so I’ll assume that tomorrow doesn’t work for you afterall. Hope you have success in your online quest”.
Not 20 minutes later I got a message back saying “Sorry, I’ve been busy. Call me in the morning and we can work something out.”

Uhhh…no thanks.

So, I didn’t respond until 10:30ish this morning when my response was that since I hadn’t heard from him, I’d made other plans. His response back was “No worries…maybe another time?” (Seriously? “No worries”? Was I the one who needed to apologize?)

I’m not a firm follower of “The Rules” but I do believe that setting up the date at least a little bit ahead of time is a sign of interest…and respect as well.

I wasn’t really looking forward to this date anyways. I am half way through the month but I’m not worrying about it too much. I guess I’ll play it by ear, see how the rest of the month goes and if no other dates turn up, I’ll give this guy another chance. But I’m really, really hoping someone better shows up in the next 15 days. Honestly, I think all along, I've still been pinning a lot of hope on Mr. July's friend...

I’ll just have to get started on the new search for Mr. August. And maybe give Mr. July a call...

4 comments:

  1. Visting from LBS and I would have been more than happy to not have this date also. Sounds like it worked out for the best.

    If he couldn't be bothered to get back to you earlier in the week, he's certainly not worth your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't Friday nights date count as August? I'm confused...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @thehubbydiaries: Thanks! I'm glad you agree. I've begun to wonder if I'm just being too picky, but I really just expect *more* than what I've gotten from these guys!

    @anonymous: Oh, how I wish I could count my Friday date as August. Unfortunately, before we got into this craziness, we set up some pretty tight rules...and #3 states: "Members must go on one date with someone new every month for a year." Key word being "new."

    Since Friday was a second date with Mr. May, he's officially out of the running for the title of Mr. August. (If you want to see the rest of the rules, check out our very first post.)

    So, the search is back on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotcha...Oh I've been following you since the beginning and know all about you gals ;) I just didn't realize you had been on a date w/ him before....sorry.

    ReplyDelete