Wednesday, October 13, 2010

J: Please remind me

When I go to that place that I was in today...

You know the one...

Where nothing seems to go your way.
Where there's no sun, just dark clouds and doom.
Where just being 'you' is not enough.
Where the universe seems out to get you.
Where the future is not necessarily a place that you're looking forward to getting to.
Where there is absolutely nothing about yourself that is charming or the least little bit attractive.

Remind me, please...that I just need to pull on my boots and go dancing.

Today was not a good day. I was completely planning to go home and go to bed. But my car knew better than I did and I suddenly found myself at my (long neglected) favorite dance hall.

My worries drifted away with the quick-quick-slow-slow. A smile took up residence on my face. My straight hair curled in the most un-becoming way...and I didn't care.

I danced to every single song until breathless and sweaty, the clouds drifted away.

I re-found my confidence. I re-found my sexy. I re-found me.

I'm just asking for a reminder, here, friends...if you see me going 'there' again.

It's an easy fix...just...don't let me forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment