Thursday, August 26, 2010

S: Feeding the Piggy

The piggy bank is going to get fatter. I have decided that I will not chase down a date for August. I just don’t have it in me. I can’t find a target because nobody is Guy. And I can’t stand the thought of getting on a dating site knowing that I don’t care to go out with anyone and even try to carry on a conversation.

It was one thing when a date randomly fell in my lap . It’s easy to just say “yes” and then after the date tell him you’re not interested in starting anything up (unless he never actually contacts you to finalize the date and you don't go on it at all). But it’s an entirely different mindset to try to put the effort into making a date. To plan a strategy to chase down someone you’ve had your eye on.


Part of this is because of the fact that the person I have my eye on is Guy. And part of it is that chasing down a date implies an interest that just isn’t there. If I make the effort to ask a guy out, or get him to ask me out, it will seem like I want something to happen.


The truth is that I don’t. I’ve been defeated.


I thought I could jump back into things as a distraction if nothing else, but I can’t even seem to do that.


Hopefully I’ll feel differently in September.

2 comments:

  1. I disagree.

    "The Stakes" point #2 states: "If a member is unsuccessful in securing a date in any given month, she must throw $10 into the pot. And then make sure the guys in her general vicinity haven’t all completely lost their minds."

    (Well, first I have to say that we all know that Guy has *obviously* completely lost his mind to let you go!)

    Basically, I disagree about owing the piggy for August because you were still dating Guy during the month of August. It was your own personal mission to find a Mr. August when you broke up...not one that this challenge imposed on you. In my mind, you do not need to find a date OR pay the $10 penalty until you have a new completely date-less month.

    (Oh, but you do need to buy back into the game, I guess...see The Stakes point #5)

    Seriously, don't worry about the piggy for August. Spend your energy healing & getting stronger.

    If anyone disagrees...speak now or forever hold your peace!

    Love ya girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you need a month to lick your wounds and hide from the "guy" world (pun intended). But after that, it is time to take your self respect back and shake it off. You are obviously amazing and someone out there is looking foy you. You don't want your head in the sand when he comes by. You want to look hot and be sporting a beautiful smile.

    ReplyDelete