Wednesday, August 25, 2010

J: Mr. August

Is it my imagination or is this getting easier?

Mr. August turned out to be a friend’s child’s coach. My friend set us up with each other’s contact information with the warning that he had told her that he didn’t “have a lot to offer someone right now.” She reassured him that I was looking for nothing more than a casual, no pressure, meeting someone new, un-scary date.

So he called me over the weekend as promised. I could tell that he had only reluctantly made the call and that he was ready to get off the phone as quickly as possible. We didn’t make any date arrangements on the call other than when we were saying goodbye (after a long 5 minutes) he told me to give him a call anytime my friend and I went out for drinks again and he’d join us.

With my crazy schedule and the end of the month quickly approaching, I knew that I needed a date…and that I would probably need to be the one to pursue this one if it was going to happen.

So, I texted him on Tuesday morning, asking if he was available to meet for drinks at 9, that very same day. He responded that he could. We set up a time and location and…

Taaaa-da! Date set up!

Easy peasy!

No stress, no nerves, no worries, no obsessing!

This was so much easier than the last time I had to be the asker. Am I just getting used to this? Becoming a pro?

Who knows! Who cares! I didn’t question it, I just enjoyed that it didn’t freak me out.

The actual date was nice too. The conversation was easy and very casual. We got along just fine…not a happily-ever-after match but a nice use of an hour and a very tasty margarita. He’s right…he’s not at a good place to be dating but since he was willing to step outside of his comfort zone too, we were both able to spend a nice evening together getting to know someone new.

Hopefully things will keep being this simple.

Alright Mr. September…bring it on! I'm ready for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment