Monday, May 10, 2010

J: "You should call my friend"

After a super-lousy morning, I went to lunch with a good friend.

Our waiter was funny, attentive, very flirty and after chatting a bit with us, he even brought us a free appetizer to make up for the rotten first half of the day.

While I wasn’t all that drawn to the guy, my (married) friend was thrilled by all the attention that (she claims) he was giving me. She thought he was funny and sweet and was flattered for me. So at the end of the meal, on her credit card slip my friend wrote “You should call my friend” and left my number.

Seriously.

Nuts, right?

Well, he actually texted me. Less than two hours later.

While I’m thrilled that I may have found a more efficient & effective getting-a-date method than match.com, now I wonder…what do I chat about with this perfect stranger? My crazy friend? The yumminess of the salad he brought to me? Ummm..the fact that we just happened to be at the same place and the same time on the same day?

This is one of those “I won’t say no to a date” situations that I was talking about in my very last blog. The difference this time is…I really know nothing about this guy other than his name and the fact that he has a job.

So…why not?

My friend truly has my best interest in heart and she really saw something in this guy. Why not give him a chance? If we can actually find stuff to talk about…at least long enough to get to the asking-out stage, then I see no reason not to spend an hour or so getting to know him a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment