Tuesday, May 11, 2010

J: Cashing in my raincheck

I was supposed to go out with Mr. May last Thursday. But, he asked for a raincheck since his life was "super busy".

Our conversation went something like:

Mr. May: I’m going to have to ask for a rain check, life’s just insane right now, sorry.

J: That’s too bad, I was looking forward to it. Maybe next week? [Translation: Eek, I can’t let my May date sneak away that easily!]

MM: That would work. Thanks for being so understanding. [Translation: That would work, thanks for being so understanding]

J: Absolutely! Give me a call or txt when things lighten up! [Translation: I’m putting the ball back in your court, I just told you that I’m still interested…but I’m leaving the ball in your court and YOU need to call ME if you really would like to still get together.]

MM: OK, have a good weekend!

And then a few days later he reached out to me again and set up our date for this Friday, a week later than originally planned, but with the same creative idea….soooo, we’re back on! Yaaay! My last “rain check” was a royal flop ending in the guy moving to the other side of the globe and me getting my heart broken. So, I really need this one to actually happen.

In the meantime, Mr. April (or “the Sunflower guy" as Elle refers to him) and I have been in pretty regular contact, whether via text or email or by long phone call. Still liking the guy, lots. Still not seeing much of a future but sure enjoying every minute I spend with him.

Also, I got to spend some quality time with Elle over the weekend. (Oh, how I wish we lived closer and could hang out all the time!) She let me read her brilliant match.com profile and with all the success she’s had, I made a commitment to write up a profile of my own (maybe, just maybe stealing a few pieces of hers in the process) and get officially signed up in June. (Gulp.) So now, you all have heard it too…yes? No excuses not to expand my hunt into the electronic realm.


So, lots going on…hopefully my May date will be a success…lots of sun…no precipitation and nothing but a good time getting to know someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment