Saturday, May 8, 2010

J: Don't wanna. Not gonna.

I was asked out for a cup of coffee to “catch up” via facebook by a guy that haven’t seen in over a year.

Unfortunately, I literally can’t stand the guy. Since the day we first met, something about him has always just rubbed me the wrong way.

Despite that, my first thought was “Maybe June?”

Whaaaa?

Huh?

No. No. NO!

I’m a bit horrified that I even considered it, even for the sake of this challenge. No!

I could barely bring myself to respond to his initial “hi, how’s things” message with a “life’s good, busy but good”. And I only responded that way after two weeks went by in order to avoid being rude, and only then because he POKED me on face book. Poked me! I HATE the facebook poke. Hate it!

If that little bit of interaction annoyed me, I know for a fact that a discussion that lasted just the length of a cup of coffee would make me want to poke my own eyeballs out. Why would I even CONSIDER him for a date? WHY?

I realize that telling you all of this shows my "ugly" just a bit. The reason I'm even bringing it up is because my initial reaction has made me question my motivation in regards to this challenge. Is it just about a monthly date quota or is it about meeting someone that I could actually have a long-term relationship with?

Initially I said that I would go out with anyone that asks me. ANYONE. After all, you never know who you might be completely but surprisingly drawn to.

Now I see the error in that plan. I think that I still need to be open to meeting all kinds of people. But…if I am 100% sure that we’re not compatible, then why waste either of our time?

So…I haven’t responded and don’t plan to respond. I guess I am hoping that if I take the chicken way out and ignore the request it will just go away. Maybe it’s not the best way to handle it, but I really have no desire to open up any further communication with this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment