Tuesday, February 9, 2010

J: When it rains...

Oh my goodness.

Something new is happening to me.

This has never happened before...at least, not to me.

It appears it may be actually...raining men. (Okay, if not rain, I say this at least qualifies as mist!)

Shall I list the contact that I've had since Friday? Okay, here we go....

Suitor #1 (Mr. February): Lunch date on Friday. Tells me to call him if I want to hang out again.

Suitor #2 (Dancing guy): Texts me with a big 'ol "Thank you for the dances" that makes my heart melt and my face smile.

Suitor #3 (8-min guy who I already knew from dancing-not the same person as "Dancing guy"): Somehow found me on facebook. Not sure how...makes me a bit nervous

Suitor #4 & #5 (the two guys from 8 min dating that I was actually interested in): Entered my matches...lo and behold, they BOTH selected me for a 2nd date! (Yaay!)

Suitor #6 (U2 fan): Since I said I'd be his friend, the 8 minute people sent ALL my contact info to him. He sends me an email inviting me out to see a cover U2 band with him that night, offering it as another opportunity to make out with Bono. (Aaah...sweet boy knows the way into my heart.)

Suitor #4: Friends me on facebook. Has my full name since the 8 minute people sent it to him.

Suitor #7 (random beautiful single guy at church): After chatting for a bit he asks me for my email address. I give it to him. Most likely it's for the reason he gives...he wants to get more info about my running group. But I'm going to (wishfully thinking) count him on this list because he is: Just. So. Beautiful!

Suitor #8 (another 8-min 'friend'): Has my phone number since, again, the 8 minute people sent it to him. Calls me. (I didn't answer) Doesn't leave a message.

Suitor #4: Sends me an email. (I did accept his FB friend request after all!) Apparently he has a pretty major surgery tomorrow...hmm...unfortunate for him but not terrible news for me as this might possibly qualify him to be Mr. March???

Suitor #8: Texts me to tell me that his phone battery ran out

Suitor #8: (3 hrs later) calls me again. I didn't answer. Again. I said I wanted to be friends with this guy! I don't get it, why all the calls??

Suitor #8: Message went something like "So...I saw that we had a match, wanted to see how you were doing blah blah blah call me back."

And it's just Tuesday morning!

I've been a bit intimidated that all these almost-strangers have all this information about me. Especially the speed dating ones where I was being kind by marking them as 'just friends'.


So, big lesson learned here...if not actually interested in the boys, don't say that you're interested in friendship! As we're learning from Sheila, boys seem to struggle with understanding the difference between friendship and relationship.

So...it's raining down South...could someone pass me an umbrella, please?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I hope you can keep up with all of them.

    ReplyDelete