Sunday, February 7, 2010

J: Speed date update

Yesterday I entered my match selections and got some good news. The two guys I chose for a 2nd date, also chose me! Wahoo! And the ones that I chose as friends, also selected me as a friend. (Granted, they might have also chosen 2nd date, but I’ll never know that, will I?) Whew!

Now, what comes next? It’s just the 7th of February…if I really want to ONLY go out on 12 dates this year, and if one of the boys happens to log back in and if he see that I chose him too and then IF he contacts me tomorrow that’s 20 days of pretending to be busy in order to put off a date until a “more convenient time…gosh, looks like my calendar is busy until…let’s see…umm…March 1st is open, does that work for you?”

I really don’t think I want to do that. Doesn’t that go against the spirit of the challenge? Isn’t it about meeting people and having a good time, not about gaming the system?

So, I think I’ll wait a week or two and if I don’t hear anything, I’ll reach out to each of them and see if there’s actually a mutual interest there.

While the blind date has been a beautiful thing in the amount of effort that I have to put out in order to make each date actually happen, it feels kind of good to have the prospect of a non-blind date. The mean, insecure voice inside me was beginning to whisper that I should be getting worried that the only dates I could get were blind ones. “Why can’t you find a date of your own Jane? Hmmm? Do they see you and run?" Oy…sucker punch to the ego! That kind of talk makes it hard to maintain the "superfox" mentality that Sheila always encourages.

So, maybe a non-blind date for March? Or, maybe two dates (or even THREE) in February? Who knows! That’s the beauty of all of this…anything can happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment