Tuesday, February 9, 2010

S: Snagging Mr. February

Just a quickie for you, Dateketeers. As if. We all know this will go on for paragraphs and paragraphs and never say anything.

No. Not this time. I’ll make like a pair of undies and be brief.

As promised by my wingman, I received a message from Eligible Bachelor, my prospect from the party. It was a concise note (perhaps a little bit of “opposites attract” action working here, yes?) to say he was glad to have met me and he hoped I didn’t mind him contacting me. There was some other stuff implying a polite concern for my well being, but no push for us to get together.

Which was perfect.

He went through the effort of finding me and sending a note. This shows a certain level of interest. But it wasn’t a pushy note, so it didn't feel needy or desperate. It was just the right amount of an indication that maybe he hoped the party was not the last time he would ever communicate with me. More so than an invitation to tailgate in 9 months, anyway. Score points for him. That was a good move. And it was rewarded (or punished…I guess we’ll see how he takes it) with a charming, albeit slightly longer, reply from me.

I responded to some of the things he mentioned, and then, as a way of giving him an opportunity to further our exchange (hopefully without seeming desperate), I made casual mention of a few of the things we have in common. This was my way of eliciting a response without asking the same old questions we always ask when we don’t know someone but would like to. We’ll see if it works.

We’ll see if I have what it takes to get a Mr. February on the books without having to do the asking out myself.

Of course, what do you want to bet there’s an update on the 25th in which I detail my begging for a date on the 28th? Oh yeah, I’ll wait until the last minute. I am fully prepared to procrastiDate. Just watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment