Sunday, September 12, 2010

S: Online Dating...Because I Have To

I spent a good deal of time today setting up profiles on Match and Chemistry. But only because I feel like I have to in order to finish out this challenge.

What I realized today is as I was filling out questionnaires and describing my ideal match is that I don't want to date. If the question "Who are you looking for?" isn't followed by a box next to the name Guy, then I'm not interested.

I don't want to get into a relationship. I didn't want to 7 months ago, but I did and I'm right back to not wanting to. I don't want to try to talk someone into wanting to go out with me. I don't want to come up with clever things to say and pretty pictures to make someone think I'm worth his time.

I don't care. I'm not interested. I don't want a boyfriend. I'm not looking for love.

I'd like to flirt a little bit. But otherwise, this sucks. And I don't want to do it.

But I will.

Because I feel like I have to.

And you heard it here first.

1 comment: