Sunday, April 18, 2010

J: He Said Yes!

After much stressing and obsessing, here's the email I sent to the guy I selected as my potential Mr. April:

Hey fellow movie buff…

It’s been awhile…hope that life has been treating you well lately!

Soo...I was thinking that I wanted to catch [a non chick-flick movie] before it left the theaters. Heard it was pretty decent. Looks like there’s a couple of shows left at the [favorite movie theater] on [street on his side of town] next week so I was thinking about trying to make either the Tuesday or Thursday 7:30 show.

I think you mentioned that’s your “local” theater…and I still wanted to try that [dish he was raving about in our previous email communication] before the summer temps make it completely and entirely unthinkable. Plus, I would really appreciate having someone to blame when an order of those gooey, warm [dish I was raving about in our previous email communication] magically disappears. ;) Whaddaya say? Interested in joining me?


Oh my gosh…sending that email about killed me. It was SO hard. And I took the total chicken way out. I sent it via email. Through facebook.


My hands were shaking when I hit the send button. My heart was racing. My knees were knocking together. It was so incredibly scary.

I’m soooo glad that I don’t have to do that on a normal basis. Sometimes (not always…but sometimes) it’s actually nice to be the girl.

And THEN, I about went crazy waiting for a response.

Of course, with my brilliant timing, I sent the message right as I walked out the door to head for my church’s Women’s Retreat out in a beautiful (but remote) part of the state. A part where there is limited cell reception...at best! Naturally.

I wanted, I needed, I had to check my facebook inbox for a message every 2 minutes.
AND I COULDN’T! I’m lucky I didn’t end up a slobbering, drooling, shaking idiot by the end of the weekend.

But, the minute we got back to civilization, I checked my facebook and guess what (if you read the title of this blog, this won’t come as a big surprise)…HE SAID YES!!!

I have an April date!

A date that I ASKED OUT MYSELF!!!

Taa daaaaaa…..

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYYYYYYY! Congrats to you....hope the movie and dinner is grrreeattt!

    ReplyDelete