Monday, July 26, 2010

S: I Owe You

I owe you the results of my situation with Guy last week. Things happened and then suddenly I found myself without time to write.

The long and the short of it is that we are still together. It was touch and go, but we decided it was worth working on. There is more to tell, and since he's out of town all week and I'm missing him and trying to fill my time, I'll be able to fill you in on some of the details soon.

I do appreciate your support. Your comments mean a lot to me. As we all know, there are two sides to everything and you only get an insight into mine, so sometimes I feel like Guy gets a bad rap. Also, you get to hear about the drama because the in between fantastic stuff is not as interesting, so I don't write about it as much. Things probably sound worse here than they are in reality, but knowing there is a perspective in which I'm not entirely wrong does help.

With all the rocky terrain we've been traversing, I have felt the urge to look back at the early posts and remember how this all got started. This has given me renewed appreciation for Guy, as well as a greater appreciation for this blog. It's fun to have a journal of our relationship. To be able to go back in time to those first weeks together and relive those electric moments.

Here are few posts to help you understand why I'm so willing to work at this:

Mr. Every Day In February

Spinster License Revoked


Mr. February Earns a Name

There are more, and I'll leave you to comb through the archive at will. Conversely, there is a record of some of the early bumps we hit, which shed more light on our recent rockiness. Including some things I had forgotten about. Situations that have Guy doing the kinds of things that he is taking issue with me doing now.

So, I'm curious. What do you think? Is a journal of a relationship good or will it just lead to trouble down the road to be able to dig up the good AND the bad and relive it any time? Is a foggy memory better in the long run?

1 comment:

  1. This situation is like walking a tight rope. Share too much...and someone down the road could get hurt. Not share anything at all....then you aren't being true to your blog.

    Here's to a happy medium. :)

    ReplyDelete