Monday, July 26, 2010

J: I HAVE A DATE!!!

I just now logged off facebook an hour and a half after I was supposed to be in bed. But I just couldn't stop flirting with a fun new friend and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep until I told you all about it!

A girlfriend who's known about the 1-date-a-month thing (but not about this blog) asked me how my July was going...and who my Mr. July had been. I started moaning and groaning about how I hadn't been able to find anyone and how there were only a few days left to the month, and how I was never going to make my deadline and how I felt like such a looooooooser, etc, etc, etc.

Turns out...the reason she asked was because she had a guy in mind for me and with my permission, she passed on my name and cell number to him. Unbeknownst to me, she also passed on the little piece of information that I had a quota to meet, and that he must take me out by midnight on Saturday!

Believe it or not, the guy, apparently, was thrilled by the idea. He loved the idea of a casual pressure-free date and was excited that there was the title of "Mr. July" that was his to claim.

So, he friended me on facebook and when we happened to be online at the same time tonight we engaged in some serious flirting via chat and ended up setting a date for Thursday night, 10pm. Typically, that would be a bit late for me but I was going to be busy until 9:30 myself...and heck, it's a date...with someone fun...and cute...and not named after an arachnid. Why not stay up an extra hour or two. Sleep's overrated, anyhow...

Mr. July is still in his (late) 20's so this will be my very first date with someone younger than me...but this guy seems to really have a good head on his shoulders. In this one interaction, I found him to be fun and witty and charming and he made me feel like I was fun and witty and charming too.

Very nice!

No need to fear, I am fully aware of the perils of dating younger men, but I'm willing to give this one a chance.

After all...IT'S A DATE! IN JULY! Hooooray!!!

(Oooh...and this one also has a friend who already wants to be Mr. August!) Yesssssss!!!

4 comments:

  1. Most excellent . You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very amusing blog! I like that you have a goal and are on the road to achieving it! Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to reading some more of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about your Mr. July, friend!

    ReplyDelete