Saturday, April 10, 2010

J: Mmmmm....musicians

Woooow…what is it about a man who can sing?

Walking down the street, you might not notice him but once he picks up a guitar and opens that beautiful mouth…magic.

I want a musician. I want all those songs filled with yearning and true love to be written about me. I want him to sing that song about me and for me and to me!

Now…I realize that the practical aspect of actually being in a relationship with a musician isn’t as perfect as the dream. Being truly successful requires days and weeks and months away from home, on the road. There’s the lure of alcohol and drugs...and sex. There’s groupies (like me tonight)…hormone crazed women who desire that wonderful voice and all it promises.

Plus, unfortunately there’s usually a pretty big ego attached to that charming personality and magical performance.

But…sigh…for that hour or two when I’m allowed to forget the practicalities and admire and cheer and sing along and gaze longingly and dream and desire to my little heart’s content…I’ll happily dole out big money for tickets to that show!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get that! I've had a major crush on a singer at a piano bar for the last 5 years or so. I think he might even be gay, not sure, but when he opens his mouth to sing I just melt....

    ReplyDelete