Wednesday, April 7, 2010

J: A night in

Well…tonight I was supposed to be out dancing.

That’s what my calendar says I’m supposed to be doing right now anyways. But, something I ate for dinner just didn’t settle well so I used that as the excuse I needed to go home, drink a glass of wine and spend some quality time with my DVR.

Which leads to an interesting question: Since when do I need an *excuse* to stay at home?

Several years ago it was an odd thing for me to actually go out but now I feel like I have to explain the reason I'm staying at home?

Maybe it’s because I don’t have Mr. April lined up…or even have anyone in mind for the prestigious title. The only guys that I could conceivably “work on” I’ve already declared as “unattainable”. And most likely they wouldn’t actually be interested in a date.

So now what? How the heck am I going to find Mr. April?

I have an acquaintance who has a friend who she’d be willing to set me up with, but for some reason, this month I’m a little embarrassed to ask. I think I’ll probably wait until after the weekend and if no other possibilities show up, I’ll bite the bullet and reach out to her.

I really don’t want to have to go back to resorting on blind dates. Maybe it’s finally time to move to the digital world and get onto Match.

No comments:

Post a Comment