Sunday, April 4, 2010

J: Girls just wanna

Friday, I had a choice.

It was a friend’s birthday. It was also prime dancing night. As we had dinner reservations planned to celebrate the friend, obviously, OF COURSE, I was going to dinner! (Duh!)

Buuuut…dinner just happened to be really close to the dancing place. And really, how long does dinner typically last? An hour? Two at the most? Maybe I could do both???

So, my choice: Should I bring along the boots (just in case) or not?

I knew that if I brought them along for the ride, I might catch myself checking my watch, overly frustrated by slow service and tempted to sneak out early. So, I consciously made a decision to leave them at home, completely removing any temptation to bail on my gal pals. (Sorry, boots!)

Despite being on a manhunt for Mr. April, it was without a doubt the right thing to do. While boys are important (especially when faced with such a daunting dating challenge) those relationships with girlfriends are truly priceless.

Dinner was great. The friend was well celebrated. The food was delicious. The conversation was engaging. The waiter was fun. I wasn’t at all upset that it ended up taking several hours. In fact, I loved every single minute of it!


I realized that had my boots been waiting patiently in the car, I still would never had given up the time with my girls.

Besides, a birthday only comes around once a year. There’s always dancing next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment