Thursday, September 30, 2010

J: Women’s Intuition

Well...

I wasn’t wrong.

I wasn’t crazy.

Turns out Mr. September WAS pulling away.

Apparently, he is still really really into me…but at some point on Sunday evening he got completely freaked out.

We had a very long and very healthy conversation tonight...one that started on the phone & ended with me going over to his place for a hug, a kiss & a cookie. (Literally, a cookie… chocolate chip, specifically…no…I’m not speaking in euphemisms here). ;)

I’m home now and have been trying to sleep for more than two hours. Finally, I gave in and figured if I can get it all out of my head and onto…pixels...then I’d finally, finally be able to sleep.

Basically, the problem is that we moved too fast. (Who didn’t see that coming?)

Spending every moment of the entire weekend together didn’t help. So, he’s asked that we slow it waaaay back down. He wants to have a chance to actually date me.

And, I think that's a pretty good idea.

The question is…what does that look like? What does that mean? Are we now opening the doors back up to date other people? Do we just see each other once a week? Every other week?

Or, is it more subtle? Is it just a resetting of our expectations? Recalibrating our thoughts and not looking so far into the future?

Ugh…my crazy box is broken wide open on this one.

But the thing is…I actually feel better. I’m just so thankful that he trusted me enough to tell me where he’s at instead of letting all of those awful feelings fester. Besides, my intuition was saying that something wasn't right. And you know what they say about those gut instincts we women have....they're right 99% of the time.

We needed to have this conversation…and it's been had…and we can move on from here. Or not.

And, we’ll see what the next few days have to offer. We have plans for Friday evening and for
Saturday. Who knows what will happen and where we’ll be when Sunday rolls around.

Hopefully, I won't be on a search for Mr. October.

No comments:

Post a Comment