Tuesday, September 7, 2010

J: Huh??

So…Sunday, around 7pm, I got a text from Mr. May asking if I had to work on Monday. When I said that I didn’t because of the holiday he asked if I’d be willing to drive 3 hours to an undisclosed location…with my boots.

Huh?

Was he not in the same room that I was in on Friday night?

Wouldn’t arriving at wherever at 10pm imply an overnight adventure? Is he hoping for another chance? Maybe that he’ll be able to talk down my boundaries?

I just don’t get it. I guess I haven’t actually been rejected. But I don’t fully understand the invitation or appearance of the continued interested either.

I didn’t go. But since then, there’s been several more flirty texts. Huh? Sometimes, I just don’t understand guys.

But really...tonight, I don’t want to think about it. My skating date is (obviously) not happening. So I’m enjoying a nice glass of wine and the sound of the rain outside of my window and a night with no definite plans (and no dance classes) and the chance to catch up on a little bit of DVR’ed trashy reality TV.

I’m also actually waiting for the NEW potential Mr. September to give me a call. We’ve chatted on OKCupid a bunch. He works where I work. His emails make me laugh. We seem to really have a lot in common. And the latest message from him earlier today said that he’d give me a call tonight. Yay!

So now, I’m just hoping the call comes before too much of the wine has disappeared from my glass and while I’m still charming enough to snag myself a date.

1 comment: