Wednesday, August 11, 2010

J: Ho-hum

I was having lunch with a friend and told her about my two upcoming dates.

She was surprised that I was so un-excited about the whole weekend and really, I struggled to try to put my feelings into words. But, she wouldn’t let me brush off the question and made me face what was really going on. So…here’s what I decided…

#1: I’m less and less interested in Mr. August every single time we have any kind of contact

#2: I’m really just going out with him to meet my quota

#3: I only accepted his invite because of all the invitations I’ve received through OKCupid, he seems to be the least scary

#4: I fully expect to have to have one of those difficult “I’m just not that into you” conversations with him, after the date (and I would like to avoid that conversation at all costs, if possible!)

Wooooow. That’s so not the best way to go into a date!

I really hope this guy knocks my socks off and completely proves me wrong. I hope that my abs hurt from all the laughter during the date. I hope that he is actually the 5’8” that he promises (using a real ruler, not a “guy ruler” (you know…those special rulers that seem to somehow make everyone (and everything)…um…more lengthy)) I hope that I’m shocked at how many hours have flown by because the conversation is so great. I hope that the place that we meet at has good coffee. I hope that by Monday I’m still smiling ear to ear from the Best Date EVER!

See, this is a much better attitude to go in with…wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Go in with a "what kind of great blog material can I get out of this" attitude. ;)

    But seriously, I told a friend of mine before Guy and I went out that I thought we weren't each others' types and it wasn't going to go anywhere. Then we started spending time together and I was surprised at how well we connected. So...you never know.

    Unfortunately, a negative attitude will doom the date from the start.

    Who knows...maybe you'll meet someone else while you're there.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers for a gut bustin', laugh a minute, good time date with Mr. August!

    ReplyDelete