Monday, May 31, 2010

J: Memorial Day To-Do

Earlier this month, I got to spend a weekend with Elle. After hearing about her luck on Match.com with April Date #3 and in a moment of “I want that too”, I made a commitment to post a profile of my own in June.

Why would I do such a thing? Was I crazy to make such a commitment?

Since I’ve pretty much been stuck in the house this weekend, feeling yucky, I figured I’d use my (rare) house-bound and plan-less state to take a stab at writing my profile.

I have not been successful.

How do you define the essence of who you really are in just a few sentences?

How do you define what you’re looking for with just a few words?

How do you define the relationship that you dream of, and all your hopes for the future in just a few paragraphs?

Elle let me read her profile…it was fantastic! Don’t think that I haven’t considered just changing the name and using hers.

But, while we’re looking for very similar things out of a relationship, finding a guy of my own using her profile would just be…wrong. Righhhht? YES, Jane…yes, it WOULD be wrong!

(But hers is sooo goooood!!!)

Okay…so now I’m obviously using writing this post as a welcome break & as an excuse to put off writing that impossible profile.

Guess that I better get back to it…

The good news is that I didn't specify a date in June by when I'd be signed up! Let's see, that gives me...(30 days hath September, April, JUNE...) 30 more days!

2 comments:

  1. From a fellow match-er.....don't take it too seriously and go into it for fun and you'll be fine if you don't have any expectations! Good luck and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said, Jane, you are a fabulous writer! But I give you full permission to plagiarize any and all of my profile! Trust me, you will have a blast, this will all be worth it, and you will have incredible material for the blog! :) love, Elle

    ReplyDelete