Wednesday, May 26, 2010

E: I'm Out

I must apologize profusely for not blogging the past month. I don't blame you if you forgot all about me by now! My life has been going in so many directions the past few months that I don't even know where to start. So I will summarize the craziness....

Since last blog i have traveled to other parts of the country - twice. One trip was to spend time with my late husband's entire family - parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, godparents, and a few friends. It was a bittersweet trip, but nice to be reminded that there are a lot of people who still consider me their family. And that felt good. I've always said, you can never get enough people in this world who love you.

Second big happening: I am in the process of buying a short sale condo! And all the emotions that go along with it. I have never bought a place on my own. It's intimidating to go to a closing table and sign all those papers by yourself. And liberating, to say the least. I love my new place and can't wait to enjoy almost double the amount of space I have now. I will finally have space to have a dining room table! Mid 30's, and haven't had a dining room table for the past 8 years. There should be some law about that one. No wonder my friends don't ever come over!

Third big happening, and one of the most tragic in my life: my little dog of 14 years suddenly died. Poor little thing had a tumor in his lung that suddenly burst, and he went quickly. This dog was like my child. He had seen me through some of the darkest hours of my life, and has put a smile on my face every single day. Still does. Just to think about him. He was my pal, my bestest friend, the one who kept the bed warm, the one who kept me safe. Just knowing he was in the house. Didn't matter that he couldn't hear very well, or that he was so friendly he would probably lick someone to death rather than harm them. I still felt safe in his presence. He greeted me at the door like I was the most awesome person on the face of the planet, and I made his day just by talking to him. He opened presents. He posed for pictures. He played hide and seek. He really liked it when it was his birthday. He hated other dogs and chased ducks and loved me like there was no tomorrow. He took care of me more than I will ever really know, and he is forever in my heart.

Fourth big happening: I fell in love with an amazing man. Just when I had really started to give up on this whole relationship thing, I met Mr. "AmIMrRight43" on match.com. I must say I was skeptical when I signed up for the match thing, and of course I had to weed through a LOT of guys who just post pictures of their biceps, but in the end it was all worth it. Lest you forget, read back through some of my March/April posts. Remember Pina Colada boy and faded navy shirt guy? Ahhhh, they only make the deal i found seem that much sweeter. :)

I, of course, am a realist. And while I feel crazy in love with this new guy (who is actually April Date #3), I am not letting myself get too much ahead, but rather, just enjoying the ride and taking it as it comes. I think that living in the now is something I've always needed to work on. For some reason I tend to stay stuck on the past, or anxious about the future, but something about this guy just gives me an inner contentment and I just want to enjoy the present. And boy am I enjoying it. It's been waaaay too long since I've felt this way about anyone. It's putting a smile on my face every day.

So now you're caught up on the craziness that has been my life the past few months. And the emotional roller coaster. And this has been more of a serious blog, rather than funny and entertaining - very non-Elle style.

So where does that leave me with finding Mr. May? I guess it leaves me owing the piggy bank. And that's just fine. Small potatoes compared to a mortgage, I guess!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you E! Although I must say these blogs just won't be nearly as exciting and get the attention that they once did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your dog. Best of luck to you with Mr. April #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't drop out Elle, your dating stories are too juicy!! What can you tell us about this guy who made you leave the challenge?

    ReplyDelete