Sunday, January 31, 2010

E: My date with the guy who affectionately referred to himself as "January"

My date with January was nice. I found myself getting nervous for this one. Not quite sure why. It didn't help matters when he called to say he was going to be an hour late. (An Hour? Damn, had I known that I could have got that nap in.) In his defense, when I picked Friday for our date he warned me we might have to play the time by ear. I figured he had some fancy-schmancy job that required him to be there or the whole place would implode, or something of the sort.

Anyway, he picked me up and we headed to a local mexican restaurant. You can't beat margaritas on a Friday night. We chit-chatted for an hour or so until dinner and the chips were gone, at which point he asked if i wanted to go somewhere and grab a drink. Ok, why not, the night was still young. It was while driving to the next stop I actually noticed what a big, humoungo, mammoth SUV we were riding in! I mean, I could live in that thing if it had a shower! Seriously, you could fit a whole steak dinner inside the console, with room for a glass of wine and dessert. I looked over at him, wondering why in the heck he drove such a monster for 1 person. It was then he proceeded to tell me that he is recently divorced and this was supposed to be the family vehicle. Oh, and he has a 6 month old. Oh, and I am his very first date since his divorce. OMG - Mr. January, you're killin me.

All in all I had an OK time with him and he is a very nice person, but there was no real chemistry. Lessons learned: maybe having them pick you up is not such a good idea. You have no control over when the date ends. 2nd Lesson: He was an hour late because of his baby. And while I believe the baby should be his top priority, I am not interested in dating someone with one. At the end of the date he mentioned us going out to a movie sometime. I might do that, as a friend, as long as it's not SpongeBob or something. HA. Onward to February!

No comments:

Post a Comment