Friday, November 19, 2010

J: Cruisin’ with the 'rents

I’m sitting in an airport waiting for the flight that will take me to Miami and the start of my family’s Caribbean cruise.

This one is with my parents and my brother and I’m doing my very best to be excited about it. But the thing about family vacations when both kids are still single is that they can quickly rewind the clock 20 years and bring out the worst in everyone. It would be different if I was doing this with a husband and a kid….or just a husband…or even just a *boyfriend*. At least in that situation, I would still be seen as an adult by my parents.

But, we’ve never been on a cruise before. And it’s been a very very long time since our last family vacation. So, who knows, it might be fabulous. It might also be extremely frustrating.

I am planning to spend time with the family but I’m also really, really hoping for a nice “Love Boat” experience. It could happen, right? I hear that they have tons of singles events on board and surely other single guys who were dragged along will be looking for a little holiday romance as well, right?

And, luckily, I’m not sharing a room with my brother (although he will be next door…with the ‘rents just across the hall.)

I’ve had my November date and it’s not quite December yet so this would purely be a ‘bonus’ opportunity in regards to this challenge.

Who knows…anything can happen if I keep my mind open.

I specifically brought my computer along for blogging purposes....even though I won't be logging in due to the per-minute cost on the ship. So, while there will be some radio silence for awhile, hopefully I'll have a bunch of posts for you when this vacation is done.

Wait...or maybe I should hope that I don't blog at all since I'll be too busy having fun and won't have time to be on my computer at all.

Fingers crossed, friends...fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time! Cruises are a lot of fun, and there's good potential for you to have your own Love Boat experience. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you found yourself a beautiful boy on board that ship :)

    I haven't taken a vacation with my family in ages, but that actually seems like a good time. Can't wait to hear about your adventures when you return!

    ReplyDelete