Friday, September 24, 2010

S: There's Only One Problem

Currently, my nose is home to the world's biggest zit. It's awful. My nose is actually swollen because of it.

The damn thing was issued its own zipcode by the Post Office this afternoon.

I have to buy an extra ticket for it at the movies.

I can now enjoy tea for two by myself.

And tomorrow I must meet Mr. September looking like something that belongs in a Tim Burton film.

What's a girl to do?!

Is it o.k. to cancel due to facial disfiguration?

No. It's not. It's ridiculous and vain.

One must look these things square in the eyes. Er...nose.

So I warned him. I actually told Mr. September I wouldn't be alone. That I had been growing a congenital twin that resembled a zit and had named it Xena the Warrior Zit. Then I mentioned I had tried to kill her, but she was a fighter and now I'm wearing a bandaid. And my nose is still swollen.

Why try to hide it? It's the elephant in the room...well, at least it's the size of the elephant in the room. Talk about it and move on.

His response was that he is sure I am still "fetching." How cute is that? He lies. Very sweet. If I find that he's staring at my nose too much, I'll just show him my boobs.

Kidding! They aren't that distracting...not being any bigger than the zit and all.

Oh well. At least Xena and I managed to get a date for September. How do ya' like them apples? Or rather, how do ya' them zits the size of apples?

I just hope he doesn't like her more than he likes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment