Tuesday, September 21, 2010

J: Missing

He’s not in my city. He’s not in my state. He’s not in my part of the country. He’s not even in my time zone!

It’s just been two weeks since our very first phone conversation and he's only been gone 3 days and still, I MISS HIM!

The realist in me says that this idyllic rainbows-and-glitter, constant-goofy-grin, can’t-get-enough-of-each-other, perfect, glorious time in our relationship has to end sometime.

The dreamer in me wants (and hopes) for this wonderful-ness to last forever.

The horn-dog in me just wants him home!

Yes, I know that it’s probably the very best possible thing that I just happened to have a work trip last week and then he just happened to have his work trip this week. It forces us to slow down, afterall. But I gotta say…it SUCKS!

It’s distance. And in a very short time, I’ve learned that I like it better when he’s around.

Thank God for technology. Thank God for email and texting and good cell phone coverage. I can’t imagine the old days when I would have had to wait for a letter to get to me, days later. We've spoken or texted every day and still, I want more.

I have to keep reminding myself that just two short weeks ago, I managed just FINE without even really knowing this guy existed. I was busy, I was happy, and I sure wasn't checking my phone every two minutes.

I have things to do. My calendar is full. Work is bananas. And yet, I keep having flashbacks of last weekend. I keep finding myself off in la-la-land without a paddle.

But I also wonder...how different will things be when we aren't dreading having to deal with forced time apart? What will a 'normal' day, or a 'normal' week look like? Was some of this rushing due to the very fact that we knew that we wouldn't be able to spend time together?

Possibly.

Probably.

Still...it’s been a rollercoaster and I hate these brakes that have been applied just when we started getting rolling.

1 comment: