Friday, September 24, 2010

J: Twelfth Date

The other day I had dinner with the married friend who originally helped me dream up this little experiment.

Of course, I was gushing about my fabulous Mr. September. She was very patiently listening, like a very good friend. (Not only can I not get enough of this guy...apparently, I can’t talk about him enough either.)

Annnnd then….she reminded me of the fact that this all started for me, unofficially, with my first date last November.

Annnnd then….she reminded me of the fact that I actually had gone out with TWO guys in February.

Which means…when you do the math…that Mr. September is actually also Mr. Date-Number-Twelve.

[goosebumps]

I set out on this challenge to go on 12 dates in a year. And I did it!

And how great is it that I just happened to find such a completely great twelfth guy?

Was I able to find him because I got so much practice at this dating stuff? Was it because I figured out how to be more comfortable outside of my comfort zone? Was it because all those so-so dates made me truly appreciate the connection that I’m now finding with Mr. September?

Life is sometimes strange.

During dinner, my friend also reminded me that from the beginning she had predicted that I’d probably have to wait for until the very end (and yes…a year ago, she specifically said “September”) before finally finding someone who would be able to steal my heart.

And look at that...she just might have been right.

No comments:

Post a Comment