Saturday, June 12, 2010

J: Mr. June

Tuesday was my date with Mr. June. This was the guy that I mentioned in an earlier blog who worried me a bit by his preoccupation with appearances. This was also the guy who I was expecting to be Mr. May, but who cancelled on me twice due to his crazy work schedule.

So, Tuesday, we were going to stick with the original plan that we made back in May to meet and basically have a picnic lunch together. A creative, and fun idea! Unfortunately, on Monday night he texted me asking if we could still plan to get together but skip the lunch part since he only had a short time available to spend with me, and then he'd need to get back to work. Sure, no worries, I would pick up lunch on my own after we met and take it back to work and eat at my desk. (Fun!)

Tuesday arrived and we met and chatted (yes, it was for 45 minutes so it totally fulfilled the “a date is more than 30 minutes” rule.) I didn’t feel any real chemistry but he was a nice guy and when he asked if we could meet for lunch on Friday, I said yes.

That night he called to say that he had enjoyed meeting me and was looking forward to seeing me again.

Several days went by and Friday morning dawned with no additional contact. Finally, around 10 in the morning, I texted him to make sure we were still on for lunch. He texted me back with huge apologies. He had completely forgotten…and not only had he forgotten, he had also made other plans!

Tell me…do you forget a date when you’re actually interested in the other person?

No.

Granted, he really is super busy with work, but so am I…and I didn’t forget. (And I wasn’t even all that excited about the follow-up date.)

If I hadn’t texted to confirm, I would have shown up for lunch at the restaurant we had agreed to when we originally talked about the date and I would have waited…and waited…and waited…and eventually would have ended up walking out in shame at having been stood up. And it would be another lunch at my desk.

I’ve given this guy more chances than my gut said I should.

And maybe the timing was just wrong.

But considering this is the third time that he's flaked at the last minute…I’m done.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! That's ridiculous yet kind of funny. What a loser! He obviously doesn't have a good head on his shoulders....not good enough for you anyhoo :) Moving right along............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious, what did he look like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Excellent question. What did he look like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaw...you're going to make me say it? I was really trying to avoid going there...

    But, after reporting his previous comments, I guess it only makes sense to go there...even if I don't wanna...

    He was tall. (Taller than me, anyways.) Which was nice.

    Otherwise...not attractive.

    ReplyDelete