Friday, April 23, 2010

S: Working for the Weekend

Currently, I am very much looking forward to a weekend of Guy. We have no plans, except to spend as much quality time together as possible. Not working...not entertaining other people...just us...enjoying each other.

Which we will need because he is out of town next weekend and if last weekend is any indication, this is not something I am looking forward to. My weekend just lacks life without him in it. I have nothing to get excited about. Nobody to share things with. No super hot boyfriend to show off or come home to.

But not this weekend, this weekend it is all Guy...all the time. I am all about him. In fact, it's the middle of the afternoon on Friday and all I can think about is how soon we will be able to get together. I can't focus on getting any writing done. And I sure don't give a rodent's patoot about getting home for another workout. I just want to be somewhere with him. Anywhere. Doing anything.

I know I say this all the time, but this part is so much fun. The we-can't-get-enough-of-each-other part. The think-about-each-other-constantly part. The we-didn't-get-to-see-each-other-last-night-so-we-miss-each-other-terribly-today part. The drive-downtown-just-to-stop-by-his-office-for-a-few-minutes part. The part during which I almost always have a smile on my face and no matter what is going on in my world, just the mere thought of him sends the clouds away.

Let's hope there's a way to make this part last for a very very very long time. It seems to be very good for me.

And now, let's stop and ponder the fact that in a couple of weeks, I will be flying to the coast with him for a weekend of sun and fun and bonding with him and his son. This is uncharted territory for me. But I absolutely can't wait.

Just checked the clock. Still a couple more hours before I can even begin to think he'll be done with work. Drat! I want to go kidnap him right now.

3...2...1...Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment