Thursday, April 22, 2010

J: April...CHECK!

My first self-initiated date was a total success!

Mr. April and I got along stunningly. He was very understanding when I was half an hour later than expected due to the drive all the way across town…in the rain…in rush hour traffic. We had great witty pre and post-movie banter. We laughed at all the same spots in the movie and never ran out of things to talk about (but not during the movie…what do you think we are? Savages?)

There are other things to tell you about the date as well…things like the way the whole “who-pays-when-the-girl-asks-out-the-guy-situation” worked out.

…and I wanted to share myinitial concern that he might not have realized that this was an DATE. (But he did...realize it was more than a friendly movie with a friend, that is...)


…and the fact that sometimes, talking to him was like looking in a mirror. We just have so very much in common…not just in our backgrounds but also in our reactions and personalities and even in some of our mannerisms. Spooky! (No wonder our mutual friend kept pushing for us to go out!)

…and I also want to discuss with you the fact that he got to the theater via bus & I had to drive him home…since he doesn’t have a car…or a ton of ambition, apparently.

…and still, I want to tell you that I’m thrilled that he asked to see me again! Next weekend. And I’ll be truly disappointed if he doesn’t actually call me and make it happen.

Despite the fact that I have so much to tell you, I just can’t. Not tonight. I have an important 8am meeting tomorrow and really have to be fresh and on the top of my game. So alas, all my thoughts will just have to circle around inside my head and keep me awake instead of spilling out for your benefit.

I will, however, take just a couple more minutes to report back that my hair was actually reasonably well behaved, despite my fears and the best efforts of the rain to destroy it.

Altogether an entirely successful April date!

No comments:

Post a Comment