Monday, April 26, 2010

J: Too Busy?


Ya’ll know my passion for dancing by now, yes? Well I recently found out about local dance studio that has a phenomenal special for first time dancers. You pay one (hugely discounted) price for unlimited classes and they’ll throw in 4 private lessons for free.

Well, those classes started tonight. I spend an hour each, in classes learning the Viennese Waltz, Hustle, Two Step & Argentine Tango…and oh, my friends, I’m exhausted!

And this is just the start of the craziness. I counted up all the classes I’ll be taking. They range from West Coast Swing to Bellydancing…and I’m planning to take 21 of them…per week.

Insane, yes?

I’m hoping for several things: First, I hope that all this work will make me a total kick-butt dancer. Second, I hope all this exercise helps me drop some major weight. Third, I really wouldn’t mind meeting my Mr. May in one of these classes.

But I’m also betting on major exhaustion…and some serious blisters…and a messy house….and frustrated friends…and also more freaking out when I just don’t have time to chase down a May (if one doesn’t cha-cha his way into my heart.)

It’s just a month. Why not go all out? In the scope of things, a month isn’t thaaaaat long…right?

No comments:

Post a Comment