Thursday, April 15, 2010

J: Being the Asker

OMG. It’s tax day. TAX DAY!

Really, I don’t care all that much that taxes are due. Mine are done and my return was spent months ago.

What I DO care about is that we’re officially half way through the month and I haven’t had my April date.

If it were just a case of waiting for the big day to arrive, that would be fine but I don’t even have anything in the works. Eek!

I did what I said I’d do and put out a few “feelers” to the girlfriends who have previously mentioned having single guy friends that they wanted to set me up with. (Okay, so there may have been a bit of begging & a whole lot of pride-swallowing also involved.) I’ve already heard back from two of them…apparently, I waited long enough that both of the aforementioned eligible bachelors are now in relationships. I’m just so very happy for them both. Yeah.

So…now what?

It’s looking like I’m going to have to resort to actually doing the asking. (Gasp!)

I do have a fellow in mind. He’s a friend of a friend. Super duper nice guy. Cute too and a bit silly. We’ve chatted a few times and have flirted a bit back and forth over facebook. In our flirty communications, we’ve really bonded over our favorite movie theater…so what better idea than to ask him if he wants to join me for a movie at that very same theater. Right?

But what if he has plans already?

What if he would rather wash his hair?

What if I actually get up the nerve to ask and he just doesn’t want to go…with me…?

Not only will my feelings be hurt, I could potentially end up without a April date. Aaaughh…I’m freaking out just a bit here! Even thinking about this, I’m so way, way, way far out of my comfort zone!

Maaaaan….maybe it’s not quite so easy to be a guy afterall…

2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't like to be asked out? I think you have April in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So don't leave us hanging, what did he say??

    ReplyDelete