Thursday, January 14, 2010

J: Cough…hack…cough…cough…

I feel like poo.

I’m all congested and can’t breathe. My ribs, my lungs, and all my muscles are aching from the force of this relentless coughing.

If it weren’t enough that I feel awful, I also SOUND awful. I have the nastiest hack ever. Very unladylike. Very obnoxious. If you don’t believe me just ask anyone who works in the same building as I do, or anyone who's had the pleasure of talking with me on the phone for more than 2 minutes.

After coughing and hacking for the last 3 WEEKS (yes, this has been going on since CHRISTMAS) and after one too many sleepless nights I finally went to the doctor annnnd guess what. Big surprise: bronchitis.

I need to sleep. I want to sleep. I crave sleep. I was prescribed mass quantities of good drugs to help me sleep. Nothing in the world would make me as happy right now as a good 10 hours of uninterrupted time in dreamland.

“So, what’s the problem Jane,” you ask. “Go to bed, already! Who cares that it’s only 7pm. You live alone, you don’t have to worry about being judged for being a total loser who goes to bed before 10. In fact, going to bed at 7 makes the other household occupant (the pup) think that you’re about the coolest person ever.”

True. All true. But…see, here’s the dilemma: I agreed to this Date of the Month challenge. And on Tuesday I agreed to an “introduction” phone call with Mr. Maybe January (The Second) who suggested 8:30 or 9 so that he could get his child to bed. Sigh…

So, do I txt Mr. Maybe January (The Second) asking to put off the call until a later date and have him possibly think that I’m blowing him off…all for a couple hours of sleep? How lame!

Yet those 2 hours…glorious hours that could be spent in codeine-cough-medicine-induced-dreams… those hours call to me.

The boy or the sleep? The challenge or the relief from this obnoxious, exhausting hacking?

Sigh…against my better judgement, I think that it’s gonna be the boy. Really…do I have any other choice? Why else would I be writing this post? Not to mention that it’s the middle of January! I’m running out of month!

Hopefully he’s not chatty.

No comments:

Post a Comment