Friday, November 12, 2010

S: Long Time, No Sheila

I really have no reason for being absent other than I haven’t felt like I’ve had much to talk about lately. Maybe it’s just that nothing new is happening. My life is very “second verse same as the first” right now. But everything is cyclical, so here’s to some freshness. I do like when things get fresh.

Things are moving and shaking in the dating world, albeit only slightly. My social life is like plate tectonics…things happen, but very very slowly, until there’s a quake. And then it all comes crashing down.

Unless you’re standing in a doorway. And right now I feel like standing in the doorway.

Especially this particular doorway, from where I can gaze upon Officer Hottie while he helps make an accident report for a fender bender. Now if only I could think of some minor crime to commit to keep him around for some code violation flirting.

Instead I will snap out of it and get back to work on a few updates for you. Just so I can feel all current. I owe you updates on Mr. October and three possibilities for November. Yikes…November, which we are now nearly halfway through AND which has a holiday. I’m starting to think this might not happen.

I’ll break this up into several posts. But allow me to end this one with this update…

Guy still comes in and out of the picture. And continues to be the most interesting man in my life. But I have no delusions about us being together. In fact, I couldn’t say that I’d actually want us to get back together at this point. It certainly isn’t something I’m hoping for or trying to make happen.

I just prefer his attention to anyone else’s. Although I fear that moment of embarrassment when I realize he’s moved on. I’d like to be the one to move on first. I’m waiting for that mystical gent who can steal me from him. I’m not sure he’s out there, but I fully intend to be open to him if he arrives on the scene. (Ahem! Officer Hottie.)

I continue to count down to the end of this challenge when I can stop worrying about dating and just live my life. The day after my December date, I’m pulling my profile off OkCupid and I quit. There are so many other things to be concerned about, finding a guy falls into the same category as yard work. It seems like something I should do, but feels like a complete waste of time. I’d like to go back to just letting him find me for a change.

For now, I have a fading Mr. October and a bit of hope for November. Including an old-fashioned fix-up. Possibilities are the spice of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment