Monday, May 17, 2010

J: Third date

This weekend was my third date with the sunflower guy.

Since date #1 there have been numerous calls, emails, texts...pretty much constant communication. Unfortunately, it's becoming more and more clear that the future for us, is looking like it will be just friendship.

I'm not completely sure how to write this post...

The guy is great...G.R.E.A.T. We're just....in different places.

This weekend he shared with me some really personal stuff from his past. And honestly... it was stuff that made it even more clear to me that there's not long-term potential there.

But, after that vulnerability, how can I reject him?

But how also do I spend more time, getting to know him even better and better, if I'm pretty sure that it's not forever?

As of yet, there has been no physical stuff. No hand holding. No kisses. But I haven't really encouraged it either. Will my feelings change when that is added to the picture? Do I WANT to sway from my initial (logical) response when the hormones are brought into the picture?

Umm...not really.

There's more on the way regarding this...I promise. I just need to get my head on a little bit better before I can really, clearly articulate what I'm thinking and feeling.

I fear though, that there's another difficult conversation looming in my future...and I'm not looking forward to it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment