Tuesday, November 2, 2010

J: Mr. November

The man who used to be know as Mr. Car Accident, now has an official name: Mr. November.

Nice guy.

We met for lunch today and had a great time. Splendid conversation. Actually, we got into some really interesting topics. He says that everyone sees him as a friend...a comfortable person, from the beginning...but you have to let him "grow on" you. Hmm...

I totally get that. I was comfortable with him from the start. But I still don't know about whether there can be more. He seemed interested in me. He was very complimentary (apparently, there's not tons of 'women of quality' on OKCupid...or at least if there are, he hasn't run into many of them.) And he seemed to be really happy to be out with me.

Throughout the meal, it seemed like he'd definitely be asking me out again but as we were walking out I got a hug (thank goodness not a goopy inappropriate kiss!) but he also threw out "call me if you want to get together again sometime, you have my number too".

I should have said: "I don't do that" so that he would know that he needed to call me if he wanted to see me again. I just don't know that there was enough there for me to go pursue him. Maybe he felt the same way. Or...maybe he could read that I'm not in the right place right now, myself.

But, he won the place of Mr. November. And...(you've heard this before)...if he calls and asks, I'll go out with him again. But he needs to make the call.

In the meantime, I've gotten daily texts from Mr. October. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling that little thrill when they arrive. I'm still giving the guy a chance. If only he knew that I'd be more interested if there was a less contact, not more. Interesting. Something to take note of myself. (Although it is nice to have someone thinking about me during the day.)

And, regarding this challenge, I feel like I finally can breathe. It's only the second day of November. I basically have two months before I have to worry about another date.

Is it possible that I won't actually find that man of my dreams through this experiment? It's looking that way.

Gosh, I hope Mr. December is fabulous.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! A date taken care of for October and November within 3 days apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what if you don't find the man of your dreams from this experiment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, are you asking what happens if I don't find him...or is the emphasis in your question more on the "So what"?

    If it's the former...I don't know. I really don't know. I guess life will go on but...wow...I'll sure be disappointed. I came into this experiment with so much hope. Because, I really would, at some point, like to find *him*. Plus, wouldn't it have been a great story if he would have showed up for me during this year 'o dating?

    If it's the latter...yeah, I'm trying to get there. So what! Eventually, he'll show up. Or not. If nothing else, my time with Mr. September showed me that only the right one will do. And doesn't it make sense to be patient for that one instead of just jumping into something wrong that will end up making me miserable? I have the rest of my life to find the one that will make my life brighter instead. If I don't find him before the clock strikes 2011...so what!

    What's a little disappointment? And at this point, so late in the game, I can say that I truly believe that I've given this experiment my all.

    ReplyDelete