Monday, October 4, 2010

S: Mr. September...Take 2

I'm giving Mr. September another chance. Mostly because he asked if I wanted to get lunch and lunch is one of my 6 favorite meals, so how could I resist?

Actually, I figure he deserves another chance. We have a lot in common, and his messages and texts make me giggle. You would think there would be something there. Right? Seriously, on paper, it should be the most fun ever.

Too bad I'm dead inside.

O.k., it's possible I'm being a tad melodramatic.

But really, I'm not sure how it will go. Despite the fun messages, the first get together lacked sparkle and felt awkward. But it was late. I was tired and distracted by the delicious street vendor food. Maybe this time we'll connect. Maybe the chain restaurant food will not be more interesting than the kind fellow providing it. Maybe the conversation won't feel so forced and on the surface.

Or maybe it will and we won't connect again. No biggee. I recall wanting to play the field a bit at the beginning of this year. Here's my chance. I'm going on a date. I can't play the field if that date turns into a game of Life with us cruising the board in a pink car with 2.5 kids and a dog. That just doesn't even sound fun.

Of course, it's not a Date Club sanctioned date, so I'll have to go on another one this month if I don't want to feed the piggy. And that might take some work. I haven't wanted to try too hard lately.
And pickin's be slim on the Cupe.

Wait a minute. It seems as though my Date Club fembuds both have guys who aren't stupid and who do call them back and say they don't want to be broken up, which means I will end up with the contents of Sir Piggy all to myself. So maybe I do want to skip dates and load him up.

Maybe Mr. October will be a frozen pizza and a bottle of wine and a stack of ridiculous come-ons from my Ok Cupid inbox. And piggy will get a little bit fatter for ol' Sheila.

As I thought from the beginning...I shall be the last dater standing. Muahahahahaha!

(Anyone who accuses me of throwing the game will get a big giant boohoo story about my broken heart and how I will never love again. Try me. I'm gonna get me some shoe money.)

2 comments:

  1. So have you been talking to Guy at all??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The short answer to that is yes, I have. The long answer should probably go in a blog.

    Mostly, I am weak. And when I miss him, it's obvious he also misses me, and somehow I find myself there.

    Currently, after some sort of embarrassing drunk texting over the weekend, I am trying to lay low and not reach out to him. It's difficult. I miss sharing my life with him.

    But I'd like him to miss me for a while. If I can stand it.

    I hate that I still wish I could get the call. The "can you come over and talk" call. It's been almost 2 months and I'm still a mess. I feel no better off than I did on August 13th.

    Hopefully he doesn't either. Because he's a jerkface.

    A really hot, fantastic jerkface.

    ReplyDelete