Saturday, August 7, 2010

J: No Rush

I find myself a week into August and not in any kind of hurry at all.

With my profile on OKCupid, I could go out any time…any day. Quantity vs quality, remember?

There IS one guy who caught my attention when he sent me a message that made me actually laugh out loud. Because of the message, I went to check out his profile…which had me cracking up as well. So, we started chatting and his last message was asking me when we could go out.

The thing is…physically, I’m not attracted to him…at least not through the pictures that he has posted.

I think I’ve pretty much decided that I’ll go out with him. He’s just that entertaining. But again the question of “settling” comes up again too.

At the back of my mind is the thought that I also kindof want Mr. July’s friend to be my Mr. August. I’ve heard from a couple of people now about how compatible the two of us would be. I’m actually interested in that one.

But, I guess that I’m not limited to one date a month, right? If I hear from Mr. July’s friend, we could still go out, even if I go out with the funny one as well.

3 comments:

  1. I signed up for OkCupid.com after I read about your experience and I can honestly say I probably won't continue it much longer. How is 'wat up sexay' an intelligent message?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I went out on a date with a guy who's pictures weren't all that great and boy was he a hottie in person and hilarious! Give it a whirl! And who knows...perhaps expose your crazy box again! ;) Just make sure it's not "that" box! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, I totally hear ya! Personally, I'm also about ready to switch over to Match too. I really hope that there's a different caliber of guys on sites where they have to pay to join.

    ReplyDelete