Saturday, May 29, 2010

J: Stomach bug

I was up most of the night with a stomach bug…or something. Something...bad. Great way to start the holiday weekend, huh?

Today was supposed to be spent with Sunflower guy…out in this beautiful weather, on the lake. Today was also the day that I was planning on having ‘the conversation’ with him at some point.

Ya know the conversation I'm talking about…the fun “Really, I don't see us as being anything more than friends, long term”/"it's not you, it's me"/"you're a great guy, but..." conversation.

Yeah. It’s time.

But now…just the thought of being stranded in a boat all day, after the night I just had… Not. Gonna. Happen.

So, I’m getting ready to give the guy a call to cancel for today…and somehow (SOMEHOW) work the “let’s be friends” bit into the conversation and my stomach is in an even MORE precarious position now because it’s T-minus 15 minutes before I have to do this and it just sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Those are hard conversations but they are always for the best. No point in letting him think there could be more. Good call.

    ReplyDelete