Monday, March 22, 2010

S: Flight Risk - Update

Happy times are here again...we got it all worked out.

Not without some stress though.

The weekend continued to spiral ever downward as our communication kept breaking down and our cynicism got the worst of us. I missed some plans we had made because of a forgotten conversation and he began thinking something bad was going on in my head. I, of course, was feeling the same way about what might be going on with him because he kept reacting so negatively to me and I kept screwing things up.

All I wanted in the world was to see him and get all of this figured out. And then it looked like we were not going to have a chance to get together and work through everything because he had company on the way. I had missed my window of opportunity and at that point I couldn't take any more and lost it.

Thankfully, his friends were running late and we earned an extra hour, so I got myself over to his place STAT. I wasn't sure what was in store for me when I got there, but I knew we needed to be in the same room and talk about what was going on face-to-face, no matter what it led to.

It was a tense car ride, but I was immediately relieved when I saw his face. He was clearly happy to see me. Once we were standing there together, it didn't take long to get back on solid ground. The weekend's issues were quickly resolved...I'll be better about this thing, he'll do better at that...then everything was fine and nobody was going anywhere.

And he still loves me.

A lot.

Which is good because I find myself quite attached to him.

It was amazing how quickly the clouds parted and our moods improved. I am still shocked at how entwined we have become after only a few short weeks. It's scary how much I need him in my life, but the strange thing is that I don't feel like I've lost my independence. He doesn't take away from my life, he adds to it. He doesn't dilute it, he makes it richer.

This is why I must stop screwing things up. I have no interest in finding out what the A.G. life is like. Something tells me that After Guy is a very bleak place indeed.

So I will not think about it. For now, the perma-smile has returned. It seems like we are more goofy for each other than ever. Storms do have a renewing effect sometimes.

And I was totally right about the making up.

No comments:

Post a Comment