Tuesday, March 9, 2010

E: Mr. March is on the calendar

Here I sit, already 9 days into March, and have not had one date yet. In the wake of February's men, one might assume I have lost my mojo. Quite the contrary - I was just taking a much needed break. Also, my allergies have been acting up, and it is just not sexy to produce snot on a date. If, however, there is a little raspiness left in my voice, that would be acceptable, even maybe a little seductive? :)

So I just got off the phone with what will be my Mr. March. It was a great 1 1/2 hour phone conversation, by the way! He has a good sense of humor and is quick-witted, one of the qualities I adore in a man. Also, remember that I like to get to know someone over the phone a little before going on a date. (Case in point - February Fellow #3). This is a blind date - a set up, from one of my friends whom I just reconnected with at a baby shower. You know those events.... "Oh hi, I haven't seen you in, like, forever. Oh really, you're
still single?? Well, I have a neighbor whose brother just moved back into town..." Ok then, giddyup.

So my friend's neighbors' brother called me tonight and we will be going out this Saturday night! I'm thrilled that he will have the title of Mr. March. Given what has recently happened to Sheila, I have begun to believe in this quest and realize that one of my "Mr. Months" could be really special! Of all of the guys I've corresponded with lately, he is the one who most piques my interest. So it would be cool if we do hit if off, that I could refer to him as Mr. March (like Sheila still gushes about Mr. February), instead of calling him Fellow #5 or Suitor #8 (like Jane's poor dude). These men who hold the Mr. titles don't know how special they are. There can only be one of them per month. The others will simply be referred to in a lesser fashion. Just sharing my observations...

Anyway, there is another guy from Match.com who wants to know when I'm free this weekend for, and I quote, "a drink/dinner/walk (okay anything)". That's kind of cute. Maybe I will be free for all 3, mister Fellow #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment